Spring is a wonderful time of year to get married — temperatures are warming and trees and flowers are in bloom – the perfect time for new beginnings. According to Denver wedding photography expert Matt Kelly of Ambisuite Weddings, “Each season has its own unique beauty, and photographing a wedding in any given season has its special challenges. Spring, however, is a breathtaking time for taking wedding photographs.”
Tips for beautiful springtime wedding pictures:
Whether you are holding your spring wedding indoors or outdoors, the wedding photographer should know how to use spring as the backdrop to enhance your wedding photos.
• Before meeting with your wedding photographer, get with your fiancé and members of the wedding party and make a list of the photographs you want him or her to take.
• Lighting is the single most important part of photography. Find out when the sun will set on the day of your wedding so that you can ask your wedding photographer to take a lovely pre-sunset photo. Also, ask the photographer what he thinks are the best times (lighting-wise) for photos.
• When you meet with your wedding photography expert, be sure to discuss the colors of your wedding and what flowers you intend to use. This will help the photographer visualize some of the shots he or she will take. (See your florist beforehand and ask which flowers are available in springtime.)
• If you are having your wedding outdoors, make sure to choose a location that has colorful landscaping. The colors of the flowers and foliage make a fantastic background for wedding photos. In addition, photos in front of trees and gardens give a photograph more perspective and depth.
• Even if it is cloudy, still have outdoor pictures taken. The overcast sky softens features and makes for lovely pictures.
• If you are having your wedding and/or reception indoors, ask your wedding photographer to take photos near your springtime flower arrangements. The colors of flowers always enhance the beauty of a photograph.
• Make sure you are not wearing too much make-up. The best wedding photographers know how to make you look lovely by maximizing lighting techniques.
• Remember to smile. That’s the best lighting a wedding photographer needs.
Top photographic spring wedding venues in or near Denver:
• Emerald Valley Ranch, Colorado Springs, CO
• The Chateaux at Fox Meadows, Broomfield, CO
• Lumber Baron Inn & Gardens, Denver, CO
• Mile High Station, Denver, CO
• The Greek Amphitheater, Denver CO
• Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison, CO
• Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, Denver, CO
• Lone Tree Golf Club & Hotel, Lone Tree, CO
• Cherry Creek Marina & Yacht Club, Denver, CO
• The Inverness Golf Club, Englewood, CO